Skip to main content
Topic: midi keyboard and awe64 (Read 5251 times) previous topic - next topic

midi keyboard and awe64

can I connect an external midi keyboard to awe64 without
a midi adapter?

if so, how do I do it?

Re: midi keyboard and awe64

Reply #1
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=457 covered this thoroughly, although for a notebook as it turned out. It is likely that your AWE64 card came complete with a compatible connecting cable, my AWE 32 certainly did. If so, simply connect your keyboard MIDI socket to your joystick/MIDI port on the computer, set up NWC to recognise the MIDI interface (<Tools><Options><Midi/Record>)and that should do it. Otherwise (as they say) contact your supplier! (Or NWC Support)
Here's hoping, Peter

Reply #2
I think you need a soundcard cable. My Awe64 didn't come with one. They are about $25.00 US most everywhere and you can occasionally find them for around $15.00.

Reply #3
I just climbed over my computer and fund that my AWE 64 uses a joystick adapter. I think my AWE 64 Gold came with the adapter, though.

A

Reply #4
Same thing. The joystick connector is also used for midi I/O. As mentioned earlier, you just need the midi cable; most of them are actually a three-way "Y", with an extension for the joystick, plus midi in and midi out on 5-pin DIN connectors

Reply #5
does anybody know where i can get pinout diagrams for the midi/gamejoystick port and midi io plugs? Furthermore, how to connect them? Id rather go to radioshack and get the parts to make my own cable.

Reply #7
Alright, i removed it from my site, its cleaner and easier to buy the cable.

if i find a better way of doing this stucff, ill post it