Skip to main content
Topic: Font Error Due to Locale Emulation (AppLocale) (Read 7714 times) previous topic - next topic

Font Error Due to Locale Emulation (AppLocale)

Font Error Due to Locale Emulation (AppLocale)

I'm using AppLocale with NoteWorthy Composer so that it can display multibyte ASCII/ANSI characters as Chinese characters.

However, NoteWorthy Composer always says these two error messages when I open it using a custom locale.
I already have the font installed because when I try to open without AppLocale, NoteWorthy Composer won't display the two errors.

Windows Vista x64

---------------------------
Font Error
The NWC true-type font (nwc2stda.ttf) cannot be found on the system.

Attempting to reinstall the font.
OK  

Font Error
The nwc2stda.ttf font cannot be found on the system.

The font was added to your system during the setup process. It has either been removed, or your system did not accept the new font during the setup process.

You can find this font in the same folder as this program. You can correct this problem by manually installing this font into your system, or by running setup again.
OK  

Re: Font Error Due to Locale Emulation (AppLocale)

Reply #1
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

NWC2STDA.ttf is the font used to generate many of the objects on the staff.  Things like rests and note heads and flags for eighth notes (quavers) and shorter durations, as well as the clefs and time signatures etc..  So you can see that it is an important font.  AppLocale must not try to reinterpret it... 

Is it possible to set some kind of exclusion?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.