Skip to main content
Topic: Noteworthy to LilyPond conversion (Read 4504 times) previous topic - next topic

Noteworthy to LilyPond conversion

I've now finished my initial stab at creating a tool that takes a complete Noteworthy score and automatically translates it to LilyPond.  With care, I believe it means you never have to hack the LilyPond files again, making editing and version control of your scores so much easier.  It's a free download, and a full description and download can be found at http://www.holmessoft.co.uk/homepage/software/nwc2ly/.

Comment welcome.

Re: Noteworthy to LilyPond conversion

Reply #1
Looks good

Reply #2
I've just noticed that my guidance notes had some missing links.  There are 4 pages of notes and they are now (I hope) correctly linked.

Reply #3
Thanks Phil,
this is a great effort.
I'm still but groggy after 12 days' observation in hospital,
but have downloaded for further study.
Haymo

Reply #4
May I suggest to allow the download of the help pages in a single pdf file?

Reply #5
Done.

Reply #6
Thanks!

Reply #7
I've been testing this a little on some of the files in our 200+ archive, and so far, the results are very nice. I've been having some trouble with overlaps when I use layered staffs in nwc  (especially the dotted and tied notes tend to get double dots and ties if two layered staffs have the same notes).

Phil has kindly offered to make a version of the tool that handles commandline parameters and then I'll update my automated mp3-generator tool to automatically generate pdfs for all of the files in our archive, that'll be very interesting.