Skip to main content
Topic: How can I avoid to type many oe's and ooh's instead of a line after one oe/ooh (Read 3513 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I avoid to type many oe's and ooh's instead of a line after one oe/ooh

Hello, I'm Christiaan Boer and type all the partiture for our popchoir 4Ever Young in Dalfsen (Netherlands). E'vry time I must type the oe's and ooh's at each note. I've seen before with other partitures that there is a long line over so many measures as is needed. Is that possible too with noteworthy?

all the best, Christiaan

Re: How can I avoid to type many oe's and ooh's instead of a line after one oe/ooh

Reply #1
Is that possible too with noteworthy?

Welcome to the forum.

It isn't possible to do what you are asking for with a program command, but it's easy to do with a text object. See the attached example (it will only open in 2.0 or later). The slur over the notes prevents lyric syllables from attaching to them. The line is simply a series of underscore characters (<shift><hyphen>), repositioned vertically.

You can also prevent lyric syllables from attaching to notes by using the "lyric syllable: never" command available in the Note Properties dialog box.

HTH -

Bill

Re: How can I avoid to type many oe's and ooh's instead of a line after one oe/ooh

Reply #2
Thanks Bill,

This is the workaround I was looking for.

All the best,
Christiaan