Skip to main content
Topic: there's no chorus member for rest (Read 5818 times) previous topic - next topic

there's no chorus member for rest

if there's chorus member for notes, should there be one for rest cause it's really pissing me off. like if u wanted to do something like
a whole note and then a quarter note u can't do it. the only way i think is to make ties.

Re: there's no chorus member for rest

Reply #1
G'day 20982y,
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.  By "chorus member" are you actually referring to chords and chord members?

On the assumption that you are then it is possible to have a RestChord.  However they have limitations.  On the occastions that these limitations cause problems the procedure to overcome them is to use staff layering.

To create a RestChord place the reqiured rest, then position the cursor where you want the note to be, select the note's duration and press <Ctrl-Enter>.  Normal chords can be created pretty much the same way.  You can have 2 durations within the chord or restchord construct  E.G. crotchet (quarter) rest and Semibreve (whole) note(s) or quaver (eighth) note and dotted minim (half) notes.  There are a few limitations - the rest cannot be longer than the note in a restchord, you cannot have two members of a chord of one duration AND a third member of a different duration that is positioned between the first 2 chord members (E.G. minim E and B with crotchet G between them).  These are the times layering can overcome the limitations.

Staff layering is where you have 2 or more staves that overlay each other.  Layering is a very powerful feature that allows for many kinds of constructs, not limited to chord problems.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.