Skip to main content
Topic: Is there an easy way to produce a piano vocal score with appended text?? (Read 7334 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there an easy way to produce a piano vocal score with appended text??

http://www.wesleycollegesongbook.com/Schola%20Carissima6.pdf

To get this I use Noteworthy Composer 1.75, via a PDF printer driver (Adobe) then edit the trailing text verses inside Acrobat. Horrible.

Can  I imbed trailing verses withing NWC somehow? or via NWC version 2 ??

Thanks for any tips.

Re: Is there an easy way to produce a piano vocal score with appended text??

Reply #1
Can  I imbed trailing verses withing NWC somehow? or via NWC version 2 ??

Not easily, though I imagine some creative use of text entries could achieve it...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Instead of embedding text in an NWC file, why don't you embed an NWC file in the text? Save the NWC file as an image (you can do this from Print Preview). Any competent word processor can then insert the image at the head of a page, and you can simply type the text underneath.

Reply #3
The attached wasn't too difficult. Noteworthy is ideal for simple songs like this.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Thanks, everyone.

I've always been an advocate of Noteworthy Composer. The software is really compact, well written, and is orders of magnitude faster than other music editors.

I don't want to digitize the score as an image if I can help it because when it passes to PDF if there is scaling there are sometimes aliasing issues - no good for pre-press quality.

Here's how I managed to kudge it...

I first print the score from Noteworthy using the Adobe PDF driver and saving as score.pdf as ISO B5 page size (from the print properties).

I next printed a blank page from Wordpad to the Adobe PDF driver specifying ISO B5 paper size in the print properties.

Then I concatenated the blank.pdf to the score.pdf and then used the Adobe typewriter tool in Acrobat to type in the text on the appended blank page.

I really appreciate everyone's tips - I'll experiment further. And it looks like I'm up for a copy of NWC 2.x ;-)