Skip to main content
Topic: Printing Music from Clickbooks (Read 3956 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing Music from Clickbooks

Has anyone out there in Composer Land ran across the problem of the music lines mismatching when printing out of "Clickbooks" (A booklet printing program). I used an earlier version of Noteworthy Composer & had no problem ... Now I have 1.51 and my notes are misaligned. They are not totally obnoxious ... but it did a much better job of printing from Clickbooks in the earlier version. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I like to print music booklets using Clickbooks and they just aren't turning out as good as before !!!

P.S. I love everything else about this awesome program !!

Re: Printing Music from Clickbooks

Reply #2
Peter,

I do have version 2.01 of Clickbook & I'm printing the music booklets with a HP Deskjet 820Cse. I'm not sure why it is misaligning the musical notes ... but I'm quite certain it is not printing as well under the new version of Noteworthy composer ... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!

Connie

Reply #3
Connie,
I got here clickbook 2.08 and NWC 1.51a and they work fine (for an A4 folded at least).
Maybe you could send me your faulty file? I'll upgrade to 1.52.
My printer here is HP4+.

I'll try at home too, maybe I'll have troubles. Hope not though.

MAD

Reply #4
Connie

My version is 2.2.1.0. If you'd like to email the file I can try it on a variety of printers. Could you also explain in more detail what the precise problem is?

The only major problems I've ever had from ClickBook are

1 Certain Right Justified text gets out of alignment (a known bug in Ver 1)

2 Using Adobe Acrobat with embedded fonts it changes the Symbol Set to Greek characters! I'd really like to get to the bottom of that one.

Peter

Reply #5
ClickBook claims they're working with Adobe to resolve the
postscript issues, but that it will require changes on both
sides.

My attempts to use Clickbook were a failure; I tried to turn
scaling off (hoping for 100% scaling) and could thereafter
only get postage-stamp sized pages. I plan to try PageMaker
next time I build a booklet.

Reply #7
ClickBook will handle printing of sheet music from NWC. The new version for Windows is ClickBook 5.0 and we have versions for all Windows operating systems.

We also have a version for the Macintosh.

It also prints well from Adobe products provided the print driver is not a PostScript print driver. With PostScript, Adobe bypasses the Windows printing sub-system and ClickBook can't do its magic.

The Blue Squirrel Team