Skip to main content
Topic: mad leaps to the head of the score (Read 3710 times) previous topic - next topic

mad leaps to the head of the score

I was just reminded of one of my pet peeves about NWC: its tendency to jump nervously to the head of the score when Page Setup is invoked. In this case, I called up Page Setup to find out if I had installed Boxmarks as one of the user fonts in the score I was working on. The "contents" tab of the dialogue box was uppermost, so I clicked the "fonts" tab. That's all it took to invoke a mad leap to measure one. Boxmarks had been installed, so I didn't actually change anything at all, aside from the identity of the top tab in the dialogue box; all I did after bringing up the "fonts" tab was to click on "close". But the damage had been done. Couldn't this relocation be limited to times when it is really needed? Is it ever really needed? I knew which measure number I was on, so I was able to go back to my place with a minimum of difficulty. But I'm not always so prescient, and I shouldn't need to be anyway.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: mad leaps to the head of the score

Reply #1
I agree, this is an area that could stand some improvement.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Yup!

Reply #3
I concur with Bill.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
I'm getting sick and tired of this problem too. This situation can even be pain staking when you have a very, very, very, very, very long peice.