Skip to main content
Topic: Entering an arpeggio semiquaver? (Read 2657 times) previous topic - next topic

Entering an arpeggio semiquaver?

The picture below is part of Bless this house by Brahe and I'm struggling to see how to put it in correctly.

The problem I'm having is with the middle bar beginning 'like a prayer' where there are 4 arpeggios together in a semiquaver.  I know that the arpeggio means to play each note quickly after each other starting from the bottom to the top but how do I enter all of these and link them as shown?

<Image Link><Image Link>

Thanks!

Re: Entering an arpeggio semiquaver?

Reply #1
For the visual, you enter a normal quaver chord and place a text entry in front of it that has the vertical squiggle - there is one available as the "c" character in Boxmark2 and all three of my *Dings fonts.  (See the Scripto for further info http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html )

In order to make it sound correct as well you need a hidden, sounding staff that has the notes explicitly written out.  Either mute the visible staff, or mute just the chords that you have being played back by the hidden staff.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Sorry I had intended to put in the original post that it's the sound I'm after, not the look, not sure where that thought went when I was typing it!

Reply #3
Here's the sound and the look. Uses Lawrie's 'MusikDingsSerif' font.
Registered user since 1996