Skip to main content
Topic: Suggested Enhancement (Read 4874 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggested Enhancement

I am a new user of NWC, which I find superb! I use it to enter music which I am learning to sing. While entering a long piece I frequently find that I can't recall, e.g., what tempo is currently in effect (need to know this e.g. to enter a new tempo when I encounter a ritard). Awkward to page back looking for the last tempo entered (and error-prone). Therefore I have the following suggestion for an enhancement.

In the status bar at the bottom, reserve an area in which are displayed the current values in effect (for the cursor location) for
o key signature
o time signature
o tempo
o dynamic

This would be a big help to me. What do others think of this?

Harry Kellogg

[My apologies if you've seen this before. I thought I had entered it some time ago. But when I looked for replies last week, I couldn;t find it.]

Re: Suggested Enhancement

Reply #1
I have added this to the wish list. But I'm also interested to see what others think of this idea.

Reply #2
Let me say, Harry, that you are not the first to have made such a suggestion (though mine included bar number and "position" within the bar). Seems like a small thing to implement, but maybe the suggestion was not that popular.

Andrew

Reply #3
Gosh yes, what a good idea.

This demonstrates the problem with the invisible wish list. How can one [Eric that is - he must be Number One Programmer :) ] judge popularity when no-one knows what other bright ideas others have thought up.

I'm off to the wish list to say "Yes please, me too".

Stephen

Reply #4
I need a downward squiggle to notate that effect with trombones and saxophones, etc. Can someone please add that as well?

Thankyou!

PS: any other big banders out there?

Reply #5
You can get the "notation" (but not the sound - unless you use a hidden staff and a pitch MultiPoint Controller, discussed elsewhere, I think at ntworthy.nwc) of by inserting text with a User Defined font, and using some other music font which contains the desired squiggle.

I'm really hoping that Noteworthy will augment their NWC font to include the more common desired goodies.

A