Skip to main content
Topic: Information (Read 4515 times) previous topic - next topic

Information

I want to put int the same staff stem up notes and stem down notes. There is an example in the product with the file song "Nowell". How can I do ? thanks

Re: Information

Reply #1
On the tool bar there are buttons indicating notes with up stems and notes with down stems. Click on them with the mouse and see what happens.

Reply #2
You can selectively make stems go up or down by selecting the desired note group (hold shift and use the cursor keys to select), then click the appropriate toolbar buttons.

Reply #3
If you refer to on-line Help, following the trail :
<Contents><Command Reference><Tool Bar Reference>
you will find a description with icons of all the Tool
Bar Button functions.

Reply #4
Or by opening the Notes menu, moving down to Stem Up or Stem Down and Pressing F1.
Note that this method will provide help about ANY menu command you highlight.

A

Reply #5
You can also try the "Tools/Audit stems" menu. This will put the notes above the 2 inter-line up, and underneath down.

Bonne continuation et bienvenue au club.
P.S. If you want to put some notes as chords (accords), be careful to the placement. Refer to the help for further details.

MAD

Reply #6
I´m a vilinist, I want to know how can I make a Down Bow or make up bows on the music score???

Reply #7
The answer to the general problem must be in the help file somewhere, but to be quick and specific:

Find a graphic music font which contains the glyphs you need, and install it. There are many kicking around, but I'm not sure which contain the bow marks.

In Noteworthy Composer in Options | Fonts, specify this font as one of the user defined fonts.

When inserting text (with the X command), select your "User Defined Font", and insert the appropriate character.

And that's sort of about it. The rest is left as an exercise for the reader! :)

Reply #8
Dear Neuron,
As you appear to make ascii-art,
try to use ^ for one end of the archet" (bow?) and | Alt-0175 |
(which gives |¯|) for the other end. Select the "System" font for those item text. (set User 4 font to system and use User4 in font listbox)

Hope this helps.