Skip to main content
Topic: Problem ocurring with key changes (Read 4242 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem ocurring with key changes

RE:Noteworthy beta 2.26

When going back to the sign, Noteworthy loses both the key and the octave shift.
I have some key changes which my be throwing things off; however, it should be able to remember the previous key when going back to the D.S.

Re: Problem ocurring with key changes

Reply #1
Flow direction can do some strange things with commands.  If you attach the NWC file someone can give you focused help and likely a solution that works.

Reply #2
File attached per requested. I whittled it down quite a bit to make it easier to debug.
Thanks for any help you can give.
David.

Reply #3
This is similar to a challenge I faced in a piece I did last year on NWC1.75, and the solution should work in NWC beta2.X as well.  Just before the double bar at m12 insert a key signature of Eb major and a treble clef with the octave up shift, but in Properties for both of them, set Visibility to Never.  Likewise, just after the double bar at m12, insert a key signature of F major and a treble clef with no octave shift, again setting Visibility to Never in Properties.  These hidden signs tell the synth what you want it to do but will not appear in the printed copies.  HTH!

Reply #4
These hidden signs tell the synth what you want it to do but will not appear in the printed copies.
and it leaves the musician completely clueless. When you jump in music, you take the current Clef, Key, TimeSig, Tempo, Dynamic, etc. (IOW the entire running status) with you. As best as I can parse Alfred's Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, and assuming breaks at 7 and 12. it should look something like the attached.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
Just before the double bar at m12 insert a key signature of Eb major and a treble clef with the octave up shift, but in Properties for both of them, set Visibility to Never.  Likewise, just after the double bar at m12, insert a key signature of F major and a treble clef with no octave shift, again setting Visibility to Never in Properties.  These hidden signs tell the synth what you want it to do but will not appear in the printed copies.  HTH!

Sorry, but the changes did not work. Attached is the changed file.

Reply #6
Sorry, but the changes did not work.
move the D.S al Coda to the barline.

D.S. and D.C.'s need to have preserve width unchecked and and be justified as: Right At next Note/Bar. NoteWorthy handles these things correct technically , but visually, it takes much more effort than should be required.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #7
Cool! It works! Just wondering if this is a straight forward default that could be made in the NWC software itself, thus relieving the user from reinventing the wheel every time?