Skip to main content
Topic: NW Composer and Player (Read 4080 times) previous topic - next topic

NW Composer and Player

I upgraded to NWC 1.52, and now my NW Player (still 1.51a) does not work anymore (on NT). I installed them both into the same directory, because they seem to share the same DLL's. Is this not a good idea?

So I had to use NW Composer to play Midi files, which is more bother and does not work as well. I think both these products would benefit from using standard VCR controls for playback.

Re: NW Composer and Player

Reply #1
This probably isn't the best thing to do, if for no other reason than that Composer's uninstal.exe and install.log files will be overwritten by Player's files (same name but different contents). If you try to uninstall Composer, it will uninstall Player instead... with possibly unpredictable results.

If you're running Win 3.x it's not too serious, you can delete the desktop links, delete the appropriate files, and edit the associations out of your win.ini file. However, if you've got Win95 it'll be trickier, since setup probably wrote to your Windows registry. Good luck trying to edit that sucker! (Anybody out there who thinks Win95 is an improvement, raise your hands!) Sorry, my agenda is showing...