Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrade to Version 1.52 (Read 8225 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrade to Version 1.52

I've just downloaded the upgrade file for version 1.5x to version 1.52. Having applied the upgrade, the Help / About screen still shows that it is Version 1.51a. Does this mean that the upgrade failed or that the About screen is out of step ?

Re: Upgrade to Version 1.52

Reply #1
Mine says 1.52, so I guess yours did not work. Do you have more than one version of NWC on your machine?

Reply #2
Blair, thanks for the advice. I have only the one version on my machine, I repeated the download and the upgrade process and it still shows 1.51a. I'll try again after a cold boot and see if it is more successful.

Reply #3
Tried after a cold boot. Same result; still shows v1.51a. Could it be that 1.51a didn't load correctly in the first instance ? Should I uninstall and reinstall NWC at 1.51a level ?

Reply #4
There are two possibilities:

1 - You have more than one copy of NWC on your machine, and you updated the wrong copy

2 - An error prevented the upgrade, in which case you would have received a message

If you did not get an error, then you should carefully check to make sure that you do not have more than one copy of NWC on your machine.

Reply #5
Blair, NWC Support, I should have taken the hint. I still keep (kept!) an archive file with a copy of my original purchased copy of NWC. I deleted this archive directory and the update went ahead fine. I should have listened first time, because is wasn't an ACTIVE copy I didn't consider that the update routines would find it. Thanks for the help.