Skip to main content
Topic: With great sorrow (Read 3339 times) previous topic - next topic

With great sorrow

Friends,

It is with great sorrow that I have the sad duty to let you know that Jim Karageanes (Dr Zorba) has passed away at the age of 64.

A graduate of Wayne State University, Jim worked for more than 30 years in the Detroit area as a computer consultant for the Big-3.
He is survived by his wife Sharon, sons Jonathan and Steven, daughters-in-law Dawn and Cindy, and four grandchildren.

Jim had contracted cancer and had been through some rounds of chemo therapy.  In November, a hospice took over his disease management and gave him some improvement in discomfort control (his words).

For those of you that would like to pass on messages to the family, Steven's email address is   drscoop "at" comcast "dot" net

Richard
Rich.

Re: With great sorrow

Reply #1
That is sad indeed, Richard.

My prayers are with his family; Dr. "Z" was a great contributor to this forum.  He will be missed.

May I presume that you will update the Rogues Gallery as well, as you have for the others that have gone before?

Peace!
John

Re: With great sorrow

Reply #2
He was a man of great qualities, if not exceptional. His familiar Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz was already sadly missing, as the man himself will be missed.