Skip to main content
Topic: Right click menu bug? (Read 4588 times) previous topic - next topic

Right click menu bug?

On Vista, if I right click a .nwc file, and choose Open with NWC Version 2, it gives an error saying the .nwc file was not found, then NWC starts with no file open, but I can open the file I want manually.

Anyone else getting this?

Re: Right click menu bug?

Reply #1
If NWC opens (rather than NWC2), then something is messed up in the file association. You could try reinstalling NWC2 to see if the association is repaired. You could also manually check the association, or use Explorer's Open With function.

Reply #2
On WinXP and Win98, I have found that reinstalling the Viewer solves many file association woes. If reinstalling v1.75 and/or NWC2, reinstalling the Viewer last has worked every time.

Now for a real "Right click menu bug" (or questionable options, at least).

If you have something selected, and then right click, one of the context menu options is Select All. Now, everyone uses NWC2 in his own unique way, but when I already have a selection, I am unlikely to want to change it to everything. OTOH, when I have no selection, and might want to select the entire staff, Select All is nowhere to be found on any context menu.

When I have a selection, one of the more likely things I want to do with it is run the Last User Tool on it. A mouse movement down the context menu followed by a click would be so much easier than Alt+F8 <enter>.

Sorry about hijacking you topic for my rant.

Edit: See <this> for a discussion of Select All weirdness in the lyric editor.
I also concur with Reply #3
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Re select all: perhaps it's time NWC joined the rest of the Windows world in using [cntrl][a] to call that function. Adding a new staff could be switched to [cntrl][plus], which isn't currently doing anything. I suspect veteran NWC keyboard users would adapt quickly, and it would certainly make life easier for newbies.