Skip to main content
Topic: Coloring Beamed Highlighted Notes (Read 5545 times) previous topic - next topic

Coloring Beamed Highlighted Notes

Working on something in which I am highlighting notes to do with patterns, I noticed that only the notes and stems of beamed notes change color (not the beam).  When unbeamed, the color of the flag is the same, however.
It is the same in NWC1.75

I'm not sure whether this is the best way to do things, are there other opinions?

Re: Coloring Beamed Highlighted Notes

Reply #1
If you are refering to playback, the stems attached to beams aren't highlighted either.

Outside of playback, beams are in the Staff color. Since beams are associated with more than one note, it is difficult to see where the program could get color info. It mght default to the note color if all the notes in the group are the same color.

Far down on my priority list ...
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Agreed, though the beam could be split.
About the priority list, I realize that it's pretty unimportant, it's just that it might be easy to fix.

Reply #3
If you need the beams colored in the printout, try the technique in the attached file.

Reply #4
Splitting the beam into different colors wouldn't be easy, as the beams are drawn as single lines from the first note stem to the last note stem in the beamed group. The other stems are then drawn to the beam(s). Using layers, as Rick suggests, may prove to be a workable alternative in most cases, although it might still be tricky to split the beam. I realize we haven't been much help....:)

Reply #5
You may want to layer the staves in the other order, though, to keep the black staff lines from showing through the red notes.

Reply #6
G'day K.A.T.
You may want to layer the staves in the other order, though, to keep the black staff lines from showing through the red notes.

Nuh...  You'd end up with  a red staff...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #7
Not necessarily. Just use YALS

Reply #8
G'day Rick,
Neat.  I stand corrected :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.