Skip to main content
Topic: Linux/WINE -> JACK transport (Read 2981 times) previous topic - next topic

Linux/WINE -> JACK transport

Hello!

I've tested NWC2 several times with WINE in Ubuntu. It works fine, as we all know. You can even connect WINE (and so NWC) through JACK with other applications.

I know, that NWC is not a linux programm, but I wanted to ask if you all know (or the developers know a way) if it is possible to let NWC receive the JACK transport instructions. So it would be possible to sync the start with some audio programms and it would be possible to make a in-sync record of every nwc-midichannel to a seperate audio-track in a DAW (for example ardour) for further editing.

further information:
http://jackaudio.org/  , which is really a thing windows and mac is not capable of.

Re: Linux/WINE -> JACK transport

Reply #1
I would guess that you are not going to be able to do this with NWC. Have you considered using one or more exported MIDI files as the first step of converting an NWC file to digital audio?

Re: Linux/WINE -> JACK transport

Reply #2
Yes, i have.

But this is not very comfortable. I would rather use the midi port to a sampler directly then and have no synced start.
I've asked the same question in the linux audio user mailinglist and they said yet its not possible to "hijack" a midi-application with alsa-midi. Maybe if JACK-midi is ready, they said.

But at this time, as long as you, the developers, will not change NWC (possible with the winedev lib to build a standalone linux-nwc without much changes and work) to JACK support there is no way.