Skip to main content
Topic: Just upgraded Noteworthy 2 Beta 2.17 tonight (Read 3143 times) previous topic - next topic

Just upgraded Noteworthy 2 Beta 2.17 tonight

I am jazzed!  I have other more powerful (and expensive) programs, but I do a lot of composing in NW simply because I can do it so much quicker (maybe because I started on NW years ago...).
Now, it appears that it can convert midi files much more easily and correctly than in the past.

Way to go!

Re: Just upgraded Noteworthy 2 Beta 2.17 tonight

Reply #1
On the topic of changes in the different versions...

I believe this is an operating-system-related change that happened between Windows Me to Windows XP, but it would be neat to put this feature in Noteworthy that we once had:

In Windows Me, you could print to a file, and it could be opened with Microsoft Word to be printed.  This was a handy way to format the sheet music, as well as to email it to fellow musicians, provided the NWCV15.ttf font was also sent with it.  It meant they didn't have to install a piece of software, just the fonts.  I wish I could remember what type of file this was...

Anyway, I'd like to see Noteworthy incorporate this into the version 2.  It was originally part of the Windows OS, (I believe it was simply called "Print to File") and was changed to print to Microsoft Office Document Image Writer and XPS Document Image Writer (or something like that).

Re: Just upgraded Noteworthy 2 Beta 2.17 tonight

Reply #3
If you're using one of the older versions, yes, it's one of the Save options, I believe.  I haven't quite figured out how to use 2007 yet.  I absolutely cannot stand not having toolbars and menus, and the in-your-face picture buttons scattered across the top with random tabs is just the worst excuse for application novelty I have ever seen in Microsoft's programs.  Can you believe that there are less features in 2007 than in 2003 and XP?  It's ridiculous!