Skip to main content
Topic: plural examples in one file (Read 2364 times) previous topic - next topic

plural examples in one file

Lads and lasses, can this be done in NWC?

Here's what I want to do:

I want to put several examples in a single file. I want the first example to end where it ends, that is, with the staff not extending across the page. Then I want to begin a new example on a new staff, below the previous one and beginning at the left-hand side of the page. If it were possible to hide sections of staff, that would be satisfactory, but I know you can't do that. Is there some other way?

Stephen

Re: plural examples in one file

Reply #1
G'day Stephen,
could you provide a little bit more info please?

Do you want this in the editor or will just having it on the printed output be sufficient?

I ask 'cos the two are quite different.  If you only need it in the editor, you can get away with just starting a new staff for each part.  Of course you'd have to use <Shift-F5> for the playback bit...

If you only need it in the printed output, you can get "gaps" using "digital whiteout".  There is an example of this in my SwingDings demo chart:
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?action=dlattach;topic=5872.0;attach=178
That one happens to be a whole blank staff but it can just as easily be portions of a staff.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.