Skip to main content
Topic: File Opening Problem (Read 2633 times) previous topic - next topic

File Opening Problem

Now, recently I reinstalled NWC 1.75b, if this has anything to do with it. The problem is that when I try to set NWC files to automatically open with NWC 2.14, which I use far more often than version 1, because of it's wider use elsewhere, it states: Noteworthy Composer 2.lnk is not a valid Win32 application. Instead, than I opt to try to set it to open with Version 2 viewer. This is even worse. It appears to work, but when I look back, nothing has changed!
Supported by The Brotherhood of Pandas

Re: File Opening Problem

Reply #1
In general, it is best to use the NWC Viewer as the default application for *.nwc files. You can configure it to prompt you for which version of NWC should be used to open a file. When doing this, you should install the programs in this order: NWC1, NWC2, then NWC Viewer.

If you want to force everything to open in NWC2, then you need to edit the Option action for *.nwc files. This can be done from Windows Explorer in Tools, Folder Options.

Re: File Opening Problem

Reply #2
Thank you very much! Order of intallation did occur to me, but I foolishly deemed that idea as silly.
Supported by The Brotherhood of Pandas