Skip to main content
Topic: NWC 2.11 BUG Vanishing Music  (Read 3261 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC 2.11 BUG Vanishing Music

In an effort to resolve the clef/space issue, I've been playing around with the order of my layered staves.
  • Version 1 is the original (the same piece I posted recently for Title Text).  The three right-hand, then three left-hand staves are for:
    • top: adding extra bar lines to use up auto-numbers, to allow a "cut" [bars 13 - 20 have been cut].  This is a work-around because we can't set a specific display value for a particular bar line.  I also need to re-start displaying bar 1 at bar 77.  I probably don't need the LH top staff.
    • middle: "cue" staff, with the staff colour a lighter grey - to allow beaming to appear correctly.  This is a work-around for complex cue notes.
    • bottom: the majority of the notation.  This needs to go below the grey staff so that the staff lines print in black.
  • Version 2 has the top three staves in a different order.  This is not the staff order I would use, but one I stumbled across.  See what happens in Print Preview (page 2).

Re: NWC 2.11 BUG Vanishing Music

Reply #1
"Oooh", says Lawrie in his best Eccles voice...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
The clef/space problem appears in Version 1 on the last page, at visual bar 77.  The courtesy time signature was on the previous line in 2.10!

Reply #3
The clef/space problem appears in Version 1 on the last page, at visual bar 77.  The courtesy time signature was on the previous line in 2.10!

That's funny, it still is for me.  You are talking about the courtesy key sig AND time sig prior to the start of "Those Canaan Days" right?  I wonder if this is a printer thing?  Perhaps if you slightly reduce your right margin...

That said, that part looks fine to me with either my Kyocera laser OR my HP MFC set as the default printer...

On the other hand, the clefs are definitely too far from the beginning of the staff IMHO.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
From a quick review of your files, most of this result seems to be caused by the same behaviour as found in Rick G's report. This situation will definitely be improved.

Reply #5
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why am I getting the text displayed in Wingdings when I open your version_1 file in NWC2?

(Nice music, by the way ;))
Hi