Skip to main content
Topic: Possible to enter more than one line in composer / lyricist? (Read 2418 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible to enter more than one line in composer / lyricist?

Hi all,

For a few scores I have entered, I'd like to be able to insert more than one line of text in either the composer or lyricist section. Example uses would be songs like "Silent Night" or "O Come All Ye Faithful" which have different credits for the original and translated lyrics, or an original composer and an "arranged by" line.

I realize that it's possible to include my own text via the Text feature, or to put some of this information at the bottom of the score via the copyright section(s), but I was wondering if there was a sneaky workaround for inserting a line break in one of the existing areas (perhaps via a User Tool?)

Many thanks in advance,

- Mike

Re: Possible to enter more than one line in composer / lyricist?

Reply #1
At the moment, there is not any way to add extra lines of text in the body of the title page or other pages (other than with Insert, Text).

User Tools do not have access to the File Info area, and probably would not be very reliable at finding the end of the first system in the top staff to automatically inject text via Insert, Text.