Skip to main content
Topic: initiating new topic (Read 2653 times) previous topic - next topic

initiating new topic

First of all Thank You David for answering my question and again I apologise for cutting in on another persons topic.

My question is:
Whenever I bring up music which I entered into NWC and make a change in the score I receive a message that the piece was written on an older version of NWC and may not be playable after it is saved even though it was entered using NWC 2 which i have been using for a long time. Thanx Rik

Re: initiating new topic

Reply #1
That's not good! Are you sure it is being saved in NWC2? If I open an old file in from NWC1 in NWC2, it doesn't save in NWC2 unless I manually change the save folder in which case I get the same message. If the file is not listed in the NWC2 file folder, it will not open it. You probably know all of this, but I can't think of another reason you should come up against this problem. If the file is in NWC2, then NWC2 should be able to open it even if you recently downloaded the latest update to the beta.

Reply #2
'tis not so bad as you might think!

Recent versions of NWC2 have introduced changes in system font choices which have necessitated the abitilty to store the system font selection in the NWC song file, thus the song file format is now changed.

This means that a pre system font flexible version of NWC2 will not be able to open an NWC2 file saved by a version that gives system font choice.  Just as NWC1 cannot open any NWC2 file.

Does that make sense...?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
It seems like this warning should probably be limited to whenever a file that was previously created with NWC1 is about to be saved with NWC2. An improvement will be considered.