Skip to main content
Topic: SwingDings update for NWC2 (Read 4175 times) previous topic - next topic

SwingDings update for NWC2

G'day all,
as a result of the work that Noteworthy have done with the latest beta of version 2, I have released a new update of SwingDings.

Its primary purpose is to allow the SwingDings NWC2 system font and the original NWC2 system font to co-exist.  there are also some very minor glyph updates, the main one being a prettier 0 (zero)

It is available from the same link on the Scripto as the previous version:
http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: SwingDings update for NWC2

Reply #1
Hey Lawrie,
Welcome back! Hope your holiday has left you and your family refreshed and renewed. Of course we missed you. I have a question. I downloaded your Swing Ding fonts and added them to the font file, except for the one that replaces the NWC system fonts. Now I want to add the new font that can co-exist with NWC's but I don't know which one it is and I don't want to get the original one by mistake. How to tell the difference? No rush, I know you haven't even unpacked yet. Thanks. DF

Reply #2
Hey Fitzclan!
Thanks for the welcome home.

I won't talk about the holiday, had better ones but ya get that... :(

Now to more important things.  The latest zip file has some updates in addition to the new NWC2 system font.  So if you visit the link above and download the zip file you'll get them all.

You'll need to delete any (of my) fonts that start with "swing":
SwingDings
SwingText
SwingTextEuro
SwingChord

If anyone is running the SwingDings version of NWC2STDA then you'll need to delete it too and restore the original from your backup OR from the extra copy that is in the "Noteworthy Composer 2" directory under "Program Files"

Then simply copy all the font files EXCEPT for NWCV15SwingDings-V1a.ttf (this one is still, and will forever be, a replacement for the NWC1 system font) from the zip into your Windows/Fonts directory.

That's it.

cya

Reply #3
Lawrie,
just want to say thank you for the fonts. I have used Swingchords for several years and couldn't be without it. Thank you for your effort in putting it together
Steve

Reply #4
G'day Steve,
thanks for the feedback mate.  Always appreciate hearing how others benefit from my efforts.