Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI recording bug (Read 4126 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI recording bug

G'day all, I think I may have found a bug in NWC2 Beta 1 Update 2.

When recording from a MIDI keyboard I've found that I can record to a new window just fine, but I cannot record to the "Record" group in the current window.

Now I thought it could have been an error on my part as I don't do this much.  In fact I just bought a new Edirol USB to MIDI adapter and was trying it out.  So I reverted to NWC1 which I had complete success with so my problem is NWC2 specific.

I can echo MIDI input to any play device I have configured in NWC2 so the software is receiving the MIDI input, just not putting it into the new staff.

I'm not sure what "buffer only" does and so cannot report on this.

Is it just me or are others finding similar results?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: MIDI recording bug

Reply #1
I just tested recording into a "Record" group and it worked for me (NWC 1 and 2). What happened when you tried this mode?

The "Buffer only" option will capture your performance, but will not import it. In this mode, you have to use Staff, Import Recording to import the performance.

Reply #2
On further tests, I did experience an anomaly where recording did not appear in a new staff. We will investigate it further.

Reply #3
Confirmed: Recording will often fail when the performance data directed to a new staff in the 'Record' group of the active score.

Reply #4
G'day Eric,
just discovered something...

I checked out the "buffer" method and it works OK.  Interestingly, when I attempt to import into a new staff in the "record" group it fails BUT I can then import that recording from the buffer...

Hope this is helpful.

Re: MIDI recording bug- Use a Edirol midi device??-/ change IO Settings??

Reply #5

Sept 27, 2008
   Dear Lawrie,

I read your email using a EDIROL Midi Device.  All my Upgraded Dell Demsion to Vista does is emulates the music, - The Concertmate 990 doesn't playback but the pc emulates  the music-. Do I have to change MIDI Device and use a Edirol midi device?-seen them.  Should I change my IO settings on Dell Demsion B1100 -Vista OS??? 

Thank you, Please advise

Reply #6
G'day KatyAnn,
I've been reading your posts on this issue, but I'm confused as to what you're trying to say.

This latest message seems to make things a little clearer but I have some questions - and hopefully some answers:

Are you using the "MIDI Mapper" device for NWC output?  If so, then vista has NO control panel applet to adjust this so you need to select the MIDI port that the concertmate is plugged into WITHIN NWC instead.

Do you know how to select this?  It's under the |Tools|Options| dialogue on the MIDI tab.  The concertmate won't be listed, instead you'll need to select MIDI port it's connected to.

You will need to do this for every application that you want to use the concertmate with.