Skip to main content
Topic: URGENT HELP ABOUT Noteworthy  (Read 3045 times) previous topic - next topic

URGENT HELP ABOUT Noteworthy

Hi, I need urgent help about Noteworthy Composer and Sibelius. I have had no problem with them since today. Their volume level is zero now and I can’t find the reason. I uninstalled and installed them again but the problem persists. I also checked the control panel. Can you please help?

Re: URGENT HELP ABOUT Noteworthy

Reply #1
Hi, I need urgent help about Noteworthy Composer and Sibelius. I have had no problem with them since today. Their volume level is zero now and I can’t find the reason. I uninstalled and installed them again but the problem persists. I also checked the control panel. Can you please help?

I would check to make sure that MIDI (and master volume) is not turned down or muted.  Check the volume control/mixer.

As a test, do you get normal system sounds and can you play MIDIs in another product, say Van Basco's Karoke player?

Do you have powered speakers, is the power on to them?  Can you test with headphones perhaps?

As both NWC and Sibelius are having problems it is extremely unlikely to be a problem with those products.  I suggest you look elswhere in your system.

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
In addition to Lawrie's points, if you have a plug in sound card (USB, PCMCIA) then check that when you unplugged, windows switched back to the default sound systems.
Rich.

Reply #3
This problem is usually caused by some other software on the system altering the system mixer volume settings. Have you checked all of the mixer volume settings in your PC's volume/mixer control? There are usually two separate volume sliders: one for the system, and one for the MIDI synthesizer. Both can have a large impact on play back volume.

You can open your system's volume/mixer control by doing the following:

• Press the Windows Start button
  • Select Run
  • Enter "Sndvol32.exe" and press Enter