Skip to main content
Topic: last bar line (Read 3409 times) previous topic - next topic

last bar line

Is there a way to modify the last bar line ?
I sometimes use a :|| ending bar line, and NWC adds a || afterwards when this is the last measure. Is there a way to eliminate the latter ? Or is this conform to standard music notation ?
I noticed that if I add some white text to enlarge the last score (refer to https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=495#reply5 for details) I can superimpose the two last bar line (the :||onto the ||), but this seems a NWC bug --or rather undocumented feature for me in that case--.

Some clue someone ?

Marsu

Re: last bar line

Reply #1
You are quite right, it isn't correct to have both types of barline at the end, and I am sure this has been mentioned before.

A similar problem occurs when you get a close repeat followed by an open repeat, when a spurious empty bar appears.

Reply #3
As far as I know, these are bugs that are still waiting to be fixed by Eric (any comments, Eric?)
'Twould be nice to have them fixed, to be sure.

A

PS: With back to back repeats, I often make them look intentional by putting a section (rehearsal) mark in, or a performance comment, or something like that. Sometimes, however, this backfires and ends up dangling over the edge of the line!

Reply #4
I believe a piece cannot end with a repeat sign. Usually a D.C Al Fine is used instead, or I use a 1st and 2nd time ending, even if the bar(s) are the same both times. Don't quote me on this, I've just never seen a repeat sign at the end of a piece before.
Adam