Skip to main content
Topic: staccato notes (Read 5618 times) previous topic - next topic

staccato notes

I have a motif of the staccato quarter notes. When I save to midi it removes the staccatoes. So I changed them to one sixteenth notes with appropriate rests in between. Then when I saved to mide it returns them all to quarter notes again.
Why and what can I do to save it the way i want it?

Re: staccato notes

Reply #1
When I save to midi it removes the staccatoes.

What makes you think that the performance is not being saved correctly? Did you listen to the MIDI file and not hear the staccato?

If you are re-importing your performance back into NWC, it will most likely not look like your original file.

Reply #2
Yes I played it back and it just played quarter notes with no staccato.
I would open it back up in NWC and play it then. SHould I just play it like other midi's - to just listen to without seeing the score? (do you know what I mean??) - like any midi file you might have, say on a website or something like that.

Reply #3
The thing is that importing midis back into NoteWorthy is not an exact science even for files that have been exported from NoteWorthy.
Yes, I believe that Eric means that you should export to midi and then listen to it using a midi player - not NoteWorthy Composer.

When you import back into NoteWorthy, the conversion is affected by all sorts of things, not the least of them being the options you choose in the importing dialogue.

Rich.

Reply #4
Incidentally, there would appear to be no reason I can think of, that you would want to export to midi, and then re-import to hear and see it.  Leave it in NoteWorthy format if you want to see it. If you want your work in midi format for other reasons, fair enough, but don't re-import it expecting it to be the same.
Rich.

Reply #5
If you do want to export, then import back, it will be more readable if you put a playing style legato at the beginning of each staff.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
ok, so once I've written a song, saved it in a midi file, do I need to listen to it in Real Audio or something similar to see if it's still the way I wrote it?

Reply #7
Yep, though I'd use VanBasco's karoke player for MIDIs - just a personal preference...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #8
ah ha!
Ok, I'll give it a try.
this has been frustrating, but I am new to this.
It is only a part-part-time hobby. :-)