Skip to main content
Topic: Triplet placement (Read 2965 times) previous topic - next topic

Triplet placement

The default placement of a triplet is too high and the size of the font is too big, but I can't find anything that lets me change either.

It looks like the font size is governed by the font selected in Page Setup, but that will also affect all expressions and I only want to adjust the triplet. Selecting the notes in the triplet and hitting Properties does not bring up a menu to change the triplet.

Oh, also, the triplet location follows the direction of the stem and the manuscript I'm copying has them opposite (stem down, triplet above).

Suggestions?

Re: Triplet placement

Reply #1
I only want to adjust the triplet. Selecting the notes in the triplet and hitting Properties does not bring up a menu to change the triplet.
Oh, also, the triplet location follows the direction of the stem and the manuscript I'm copying has them opposite (stem down, triplet above).

Suggestions?

I don't believe that there is anything that you can do about the two items you talk about. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any tricks or work arounds either.

Rich.

Re: Triplet placement

Reply #2
G'day Frank,

The default placement of a triplet is too high and the size of the font is too big, but I can't find anything that lets me change either.

It looks like the font size is governed by the font selected in Page Setup, but that will also affect all expressions and I only want to adjust the triplet. Selecting the notes in the triplet and hitting Properties does not bring up a menu to change the triplet.

Suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is a bit fiddly...

• Set a colour to white
  • Set a user font to WingDings
  • Use a character(s) to overlay the triplet number and bracket (if necessary) in the white colour
  • set another user font to the font and character size you want
  • place a text entry "3" where you want it to be

At this stage I cannot help you with the "bracket" but I'm working on an update to the Boxmark2 font that will include a "reversed" 8va end mark that could be used in conjunction with the 8va end mark to create the "bracket".  No timeframe as yet, I'm concentrating on my own SwingDings font first...

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.