Skip to main content
Topic: quarter note symbol for metronome markings (Read 4034 times) previous topic - next topic

quarter note symbol for metronome markings

At the beginning of a piece, a metronome marking is often given as (quarter note symbol)=(some number).  How do you get the note symbol?  Thanks.

Re: quarter note symbol for metronome markings

Reply #1
Just press "T", enter the appropriate number and press OK.

Reply #2
I presume the poster was asking how to get the tempo note symbol(s) into text elsewhere, which probably requires knowledge of a specialized font?

Reply #3
Dear Peter S, and Steve Bacher,

Peter, your reply was exactly right, but it took a minute for me to understand it.  Thanks so much.  My mistake was to go to "insert text" instead of "insert tempo," which allows you to insert both text and symbols.

Here's what Peter meant, if anybody else needs it:  Click to select where you wish to insert the information.  Either: type [T] or [t]; or go to the "Insert" menu and click on "Tempo" and you will be presented with a notation properties window from which to choose the beat, speed, and optional wording you need.

Steve, thanks too.  I've just started using NWC; I like it so far.  I LOVE the help from the other users, and the information from past posts.

Reply #4
Ay captain!
Yes, it might be one of the most appreciated aspects of Noteworthy: the willingness of fellow users to help others. And the readyness of users to share their problems.
I admit that I did not understand your question, first time round.
The forum awaits your next question...