Skip to main content
Topic: how do i get the nwc files in the first place (Read 13633 times) previous topic - next topic

how do i get the nwc files in the first place

Ive never seen this format before but im suppose to transfer it into midi how do i transfer something thats in mp3 to nwc or midi

Re: how do i get the nwc files in the first place

Reply #1
the reason i ask is because i have a band and we're looking for sheetmusic for this amazing song called "tank" and i cant find the sheet music anywhere.

Reply #2
The answer to this question that comes up here periodically is, you can't.  Transfer mp3 or wav or aiff files to MIDI or NWC, that is.  Reason being that mp3 or wav files are digital renderings of actual sound waves, where MIDI or NWC files are not actual sound, but instructions to a synthesizer to produce sound.  Sort of like the difference between actual food and a recipie for the food, the actual food being analogous to the mp3 or wav and the recipie to the MIDI or NWC.

Reply #3
Yup. It has been said before: it is like changing a scrambled egg into an egg.
I have heard rumours that *very* simple music can be converted to a score. By magic, I suppose - and I would not have a clue where to find it. Nor do I want to: if something in that order exists, I will wait for it to mature.

Reply #4
Is a "recipie" a set of instructions for making pie?

Reply #5
To Reply 4: No, but I could use instructions for a few words that I never seem to spel rite!  : )

Reply #6
Recipie is specific to Noteworthy. It is the contraction of 'Recite' and 'Applepie'. While you're in the kitchen, working on an applepie, you recite all kinds of songs, assisted by songs you have scored in Noteworthy.
Recipes for creating CD's from Noteworthy-songs are scattered all over the forum.

Reply #7
Rob, does applepie that mean you have to have a MacIntosh?

Reply #8
hey i did was make a science fair project called pollution make the forest good

Reply #9
Peanuts will rule the world note this is not sexual realtily its ture

Reply #10
Yes David. You have to remove the core, though. ;-)

Reply #11
But then there's no seed for one's genius.