Skip to main content
Topic: NWC & Classical Guitar (Read 8015 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC & Classical Guitar

I'm looking at NWC to print Classical Guitar parts and I'm wondering how suitable it is.
Does it come with string markings,barre markings,fingerings? Or do I have make do, somehow? If anyone uses this software for guitar, can you show me a sample? I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
fkurka@nyc.rr.com

Re: NWC & Classical Guitar

Reply #1
Well, there are some fonts for this, namely freta.ttf, fretb.ttf...
But they're not part of NWC software itself.

I remember someone had posted one or too fonts to "compose" chords graphically, some time ago. Being at office I can't look for it on my computer.

For fingering, are you talking of numbers on black circles? Otherwise, p,i,m,a are usually used, AFAIK (for picking hand).

NWC may suit your need, just try it... the shareware version is not limited in its functionalities.

You may find guitar scores on the Scriptorium, and one or two (thanks to missing Fred Nachbaur) on one of my pages.

HTH, M.

Reply #2
Try the FretQwik font, which works within NWC (as a user font) or anywhere else. Easy to find, by name.

But you have to build the chord diagrams yourself. It is not a program feature. That is, there is no automation.

Reply #3
I use Noteworthy for guitar parts, and I usually use the Windows fonts Wingdings and Symbol as two of the user fonts, along with Boxmarks and Crescendo, which I got from the Scriptorium here. Together, they give you brackets for bar chords, circled numbers for strings, rasguedo and glissando marks,  and any other symbols I've ever wanted.

Reply #4
Thanks, guys. I'll check it out.