Skip to main content
Topic: Problem going from NWC to WMF to PDF (PC, not MAC) (Read 4939 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem going from NWC to WMF to PDF (PC, not MAC)

Just yesterday I purchased NWC after using your demo for several days.  The software and my thinking must work the same way because I really enjoy the program.  However, an issue came up when I tried to create a PDF from NWC.  I did not find this specific topic in the forum (though it's probably there somewhere).

When I print preview/copy a WMF to Word (98SE) and double the WMF size, the font lettering doesn't always match up well.  For example, lyrics that show proper spacing in NWC may come up crowded in WMF.  Letters within words may be spaced too far apart or are too crowded.  Then, creating a PDF just transfers these issues.

I've tried adjusting the size of the WMF, changing the lyric font, and changing the font size.  The font that seems to work best, but is still not acceptable, is Courier New.  I prefer New Times Roman.

How can I end up with a good looking PDF...one that looks just like the NWC that I print out?

Re: Problem going from NWC to WMF to PDF (PC, not MAC)

Reply #2
I guess I could have done a better job of explaining why.  I don't have a distiller on my home computer (yet).  I do at my work computer, but I'm not allowed to download Noteworthy on it.  So, I am trying to find a "work around" using the distiller at work.  Does that clear it up?  Any thoughts now besides (go buy a distiller for home use)?

Reply #3
G'day Mark,
If you do a google search, you can find quite a number of PDF creation products that are freeware or shareware.

http://www.pdfmachine.com/et/download.html is a link to Broadgun's "PDF Machine" which I use on the odd occasion that I need a PDF.  I'm not particularly touting this product, it's just the one I happened to stumble on when I needed one.

http://www.pdf995.com/ is another popular PDF creator.

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Mark,

There are several free PDF creation program available, such as pdf995 and PDFCreator that may of us use with ease and success.  You might want to try one of these, that way you will not have to purchase Acrobat Distiller.

As Eric say you can also search the forum at Search NoteworthySoftware.com for "PDF" to see users' comments regarding their success with these and other programs.

HTH,

Michael

Reply #5
Thanks everyone for responding so quickly.  I'll go do some searching  ;) -Mark

Reply #6
I do have Acrobat Distiller at work. I got tired long ago of messing with the myriad settings. Now I use [freeware] CutePDF, from www.cutepdf.com for everything from AutoCAD to zzz, both at home and work. Simple, yet effective.