Skip to main content
Topic: noteworthy composer for pda (pocketpc) (Read 10393 times) previous topic - next topic

noteworthy composer for pda (pocketpc)

is there an existing noteworthy composer program for pocketpc's?

this would be very useful for me and my choir group

Re: noteworthy composer for pda (pocketpc)

Reply #1
The best I've achieved is to make a series of pitches - chromatic C to C and a set of Metronome Clicks which I have patched across to use in my a cappella group.Also I can send the music as a midi file and play it.If your Pda can't read midis then you have to record the sound and save as an mp3 and use that.If you wanted to show scores, you could print to a Pdf Creator and patch this to the Pda - there are portable Adobe Pdf readers available.

Reply #2
thanks!

i'm using the handdee-eo program for the pitches, which is a bit useful when there isn't any keyboard around. i've gotten a software also for the metronome.

i am using the midis saved via noteworthy, but this is only for playback.  i was hoping for a software that i can use to edit as well as play nwc files for my pocketpc phone (xda2s), which i can bring anywhere (compared to my laptop).

i didn't know i can save nwc files via pdf.  now this is interesting.  may i ask how to go about this?

Reply #3
There are free (sometimes with adware) PDF programs eg.PDF995;or PDF Creator. After you install them they come up as a Printer.In Noteworthy you go File/Printer Setup , drop down and select Pdf , do your print preview and adjust your read-out, it could be slightly different, then 'Print' and follow the dialogue and end up with a pdf of your music.You can also get 'PDF995 Edit' which enables you to concatenate PDF files i.e make a multi-page document or music-book.

Reply #4
i'll try it out.  many thanks, llucyy!

Reply #5
Try OpenOffice.org this might be the best and safest way. PDF creater and free.