Skip to main content
Topic: Downloading music from Scriptorium (Read 5191 times) previous topic - next topic

Downloading music from Scriptorium

I would like to download and save some .nwc files from Scriptorium, but cannot find a way. Is there a simple recipe please?

Re: Downloading music from Scriptorium

Reply #1
Maybe it depends on your Windows version, or more probably on your browser; for me, I only do a single click on the file I want. A windows pops up, saying "... Would you like to open this file or save it onto your computer?" with the appropriate option buttons.

So: try single left click. That should work already. If not, a single right click works just as well. One of the options that should appear is: 'Save this file as'.

hope this helps, Rob.

Reply #2
When I left-click on a .nwc file in Scriptorium, I get a blank screen with “Click here for more information”. When I do that, I get an invitation to download a suitable viewer from Microsoft ActiveX Gallery, where I find plenty of suggestions but they don't mean anything to me.

I have Noteworthy Composer 1.75 b (32 bit) running when I do this.

Reply #3
Yes.... and the right click?

Reply #4
Thanks for your interest in my problem.
Still in trouble, though, Right-click gives the same result. In more detail, what happens is ...

1 I connect to the Noteworthy site.
2 I navigate to Site Map > Registered Users Pages
3 I click on the Scriptorium ("Featured site" picture)
4 Scroll down and left-click on Browse.
5 In the "Wander about" window, I click on Tina's Beethoven files.
6 Scroll down and click on (for example) "Allegro ma non tropo" located just below Symphony No 6 in F major  ...
7 Screen goes blank (white) with a small text-box saying "Click here for more information"
8 When I do so, I get a dialogue box headed "Error locating object handler" and the following message -
"There is no viewer available for the type of object you are trying to open  ....  Possible location of Viewer - Microsoft  ActiveX Gallery
Do you want to download a viewer (Yes/No)"
9 If I accept this invitation, the resulting list of viewers does not seem to have anything to do with my problem, and the one of two I have tried do not help.

HOWEVER  !!!!!!

Whilst going through this process in order to give you  an accurate description, I happened to discover that if I click (left or right) on the full symphony I get the desired result - it appears that it is the separate movements that refuse to download.

Reply #5
First of all do you have the NoteWorthy Composer Browser Plug-in?
Install and then left click on the piece it should pop up and in it have a little button to save. And save. To get the plug-in go to downloads on the top of this page.

Reply #6
I have noted your latest message. I will be busy today on other things but hope to try your suggestion towards teatime.
Meanwhile thanks, Rob. I am very impressed with the quality of this forum.

Reply #7
Users for users, volonteers for volonteers.
I always enjoy being able to provide the right suggestion.
Or even a wrong suggestion that helps further investigation.

Reply #8
Re reply from Clemente - Yes, I have got the Noteworthy Composer Browser Plugin, but it does not seem to make any difference. Meanwhile, at least I seem to be able to get some success by choosing the appropriate piece.

Reply #9
Eric, if you're using the browser plug-in with IE, that's the problem.  See http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/news/21.htm .  You need to either switch to Firefox or Uninstall the browser plug-in.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI