Skip to main content
Topic: to Simon Carroll (Read 3936 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: to Simon Carroll

Reply #1
I have a hunch that Simon Carroll did not compose that waltz.
After listening to some of his previous attempts at composition, I would say that that is not his style.
Also, it sounds as though it were composed quite some time before Simon was probably born.

Reply #2
But it says "By Simon Carroll" in the MIDI file though. Maybe she did the arrangement?

Reply #3
she? Carroll is the surname. And even Carroll o'Connor is a man (so was Lewis Carroll, but that does not count)

Reply #4
But it says "By Simon Carroll" in the MIDI file though. Maybe she did the arrangement?

Perhaps, perhaps not - one should not believe everything one sees - especially on the internet - not even this...  Or should they... Maybe... Maybe not... Hmmm... Just who is this Lawrie Pardy person?  Should he be believed? Just what does anyone know about him?

What about user111, or Rob den Heijer, or Lewis Carrol (who seems to be numerically challenged) or that Quasimodo chap - what does _he_ know - or does he just have hunches ?

And what about that url - is user111 related to user222 - they both have similar names ?

I don't know - THIRD BASE!

:)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Quasimodo has hunches in bunches!

Reply #6
And from listening to the MIDI file, I've a strong hunch that the waltz is either by Chopin or Liszt.  Me thinks I'll try to find it amongst my many downloaded Chopin MIDI waltz files.