Skip to main content
Topic: Timidity++...??? (Read 3336 times) previous topic - next topic

Timidity++...???

OK... I have looked through LOADS of messages RE Timidity++... but I can't get the links to work or find the link to download the program on any website! I am desperate for this program, because I think (and I have very limited understanding!) it will solve my problem! I used to convert my midi files to wav by playing in WMP and recording into Sound Recorder. But I now have a laptop computer and the soundcard just isn't anywhere near good enough - also my music is more than 1 minute long!

Can anyone help...?!?!? Or email me the program?? (Is that allowed?)

Thanks! :-)

PS: I downloaded MIDInight Express2, but this seems to need PRG files which I don't have... I presume Timidity++ doesn't?

Re: Timidity++...???

Reply #1
It is a pity that your soundcard is not good enough.
The other problem, that the Sound Recorder stops after a minute, can be remedied - I have seen it in another thread. Simply 'record'  silence, and then copy/paste a few times, thus producing a file of a couple of minutes - or half an hour of silence, if you like. Save the file, you can use it as many times as you like.
Re-use the file every time you want to record longer pieces!
I will leave the software advice to others - Rob.

Reply #3
welcome back, user111.  It's been a while.

Reply #4
Tim Brechbill's Timidity++ is the only version I've used.  It will do what you need it to do, but I notice that the link to his site no longer works.  The other versions for Windows are a bit hard to get working IIRC.  If you want Tim Brechbill's version, let me know -- I can send to it you.  It was free, so it shouldn't be a problem legally.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #5
Try Synthfont if you want a free, easy to install, windows friendly, midi renderer. I have yet to find a better.

Reply #6
Thank you all!
I have downloaded synthfont and it works perfectly :-) Well, as perfectly as I need it to, anyway!
Thanks again!