Skip to main content
Topic: Fred Nachbaur (Read 4547 times) previous topic - next topic

Fred Nachbaur

I didn't want to post this here but I could not find your e-mail...

In the Classical Music Archives you have published in MIDI all of Mozart's Magic Flute but the *.zip file in the Scriptorium isn't complete...

I am wondering if there is any way of me to get the *.NWC files of the Magic Flute

Re: Fred Nachbaur

Reply #3
I haven't been on the newsgroup for over a year and wasn't aware of his passing.  His transcriptions of guitar music were classic, using a fresh hidden staff to handle each string.  He was a master of NWC and will be very much missed.

Reply #4
Dang that's depressing :(
The man made some good music.

what caused him to pass away?

Reply #5
Sorely missed, indeed. His methods for achieving certain effects were inspirational, and doubtless drove some of the features added to NWC over the years. As one of the links states, he had a terminal illness, and his passing was not unexpected.

Reply #6
Christian, it was a rare form of cancer.
Our beloved Fred is dearly missed.

A

Reply #7
I didn't realize that Fred had died either.  Gosh I'll miss him.  I always enjoyed his upbeat spirit and sense of humor in the forum.  Fred was the person who answered my very first forum question: https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=1653.  I've enjoyed his music -- especially Caverns & "A Song About Frogs"
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI