Skip to main content
Topic: forced page break? (Read 4871 times) previous topic - next topic

forced page break?

Is there a way to force a page break at a convenient bar (e.g. after some rests) so that the reader/musician has time to turn the page more or less conveniently?

Re: forced page break?

Reply #4
Nice ! That is a great thing. Thank you for the response,
and please accept my apologises that I didn't RTFM...

Anyway, IMHO, it would also be a good idea if you add
a link to the wish list page, directly accessible from
the forum pages.

Reply #5
There is a way to force a page break.
But this would deserve NWC usage as it is now, i.e. its automatic page setup, which I find particulalry useful (One must spend a considerable amount of time on setting page layout in other Score composers as F****e, C****e or others).
The way to do this is to use "blank" text ('x' key, using 31 white spaces at most) inserted before and/or after the rests (or notes) you want to change page.
Hint : to enlarge it, use Staff Italic rather than bold, it takes more space. Add a 2nd item for more.

Though I do not recommand this, I once used it. The limitation is that this is highly dependant of the printer definition as well as printing layout (one staff, all staves, ...)

Hope this helps anyway :-)

Reply #6
Presumably, since there is no means of forcing a page break, there is no way of forcing a line break either, i.e. making the printed version start the following measure on a new line of music ?

Reply #7
The only way that I have found to make the next bar start on the next line is to insert spaces as text in strategic locations in the previous bars. As long as you chose the preserve width box then everything will space over until th next bar will no longer fit on the line and starts the next line.