Skip to main content
Topic: license question (Read 10928 times) previous topic - next topic

license question

Why can't we have free upgrades for ALL the NWC versions 2, 3 and so on?

from Django's website:
This charge covers all future upgrades, no matter how expensive the software gets in the future.

Re: license question

Reply #1
There's this thing called ... getting paid for your efforts.

Perhaps you've heard of it. Some people call it a "job". I'm sure if you spent the amount of time and effort working on a project like this with hundreds of whiney people asking for more features than what products like Finale, Overture, Score Writer, Nightengale, Encore, Musictime, Songworks II, Smartscore, Sibelius, Cubase Score, Emagic, Personal Composer will charged you a lot of money for ... I think you are already getting more than what you paid for.

Reply #2
Tell you what... You know how users of Apple Macintosh are very evangelistic about that system? Why don't you go to a Mac user's board, and suggest that Apple offer free OS upgrades.

Reply #3
I'd be happy to pay for upgrades.  I want these people to stay in business.  No profit = No business.

Rob

Reply #4
And !ME! (just another alias, if you ask me), if by now you don't realise that the Noteworthy staff don't answer 'Why...?' questions, you might need some re-wiring. (I do answer, though. But I don't get paid to do so.)
Rob.

Reply #5
Reply 3 by Rob Wilson on 2005-04-19 16:53:17

I'd be happy to pay for upgrades. I want these people to stay in business. No profit = No business.

Rob
-----------------------------------------
Free upgrades means that companies will only make money from new users, not existing users.

Reply #6
Free upgrades in a maturing market reduces the incentive for a company to continue upgrading.  So far we've been very fortunate with NWC's upgrade policy.