Skip to main content
Topic: Convert singer voice wav format into NWC midi sheet (Read 3663 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert singer voice wav format into NWC midi sheet

I would like to get information about the possibility to convert singer voice from Audacity to NWC midi sheet

Re: Convert singer voice wav format into NWC midi sheet

Reply #1
NWC is not your starting point for this.  There are a few programs that will do the conversion from wav format to midi format, but I understand they will only work with unison parts - i.e., unaccompanied vocal.  If you get any harmony at all, they aren't able to handle it.  (I could be wrong; technology changes very quickly.)

You should use a search engine to search the web for "wav to midi."

Once you've created the midi file, you can open it in NWC, but you will find you have to do some editing to get it ready for printing.

Reply #2
Yeah, no current WAV-to-MIDI software could convert a polyphonic WAV file accurately, especially when it has drum tracks. As far as I can tell, no current software could convert drum tracks. I sure hope drum tracks would be supported in the future.

Reply #3
Whilst not wanting to cast aspersions at anyone's transcribing abilities, I still think that the best WAV to MIDI converter, especially for persussion, is your good self, and a lot of time. I bet you'd find that - even with a reasonable conversion - you'd be spending a good amount of your time correcting errors in the conversion.

A