Skip to main content
Topic: Converting Audiocassettes to Cd on my PC (Read 2198 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting Audiocassettes to Cd on my PC

I have songs on audiocassette that I have composed.  I'd like to find out if there's a way to put them on CD through my home computer.

Re: Converting Audiocassettes to Cd on my PC

Reply #1
Assuming your PC’s sound card/sound chip has a Line In or Mic socket, and that you have recording software (if not – download some, e.g. www.goldwave.com): -
1.  Connect your tape deck Line Out to your sound card Line In or Mic socket (whichever gives best results), set your recording software to ‘Record’ then play your songs on your tape deck to obtain .wav files.
2.  Use your CD-RW and suitable CD burning software to make an audio CD from the .wav files that you have recorded.

Re: Converting Audiocassettes to Cd on my PC

Reply #2
And: When you input the music to your computer, it will use A LOT of resources. If your computer is old and slow, or doesn't have a lot of hard drive space available, have someone with a better computer do it for you. Once the WAV files are created, there is less of a problem.

If your music has several pieces, make separate WAV files rather than one large file.