Skip to main content
Topic: OMR software that can recognize at 96 DPI??? (Read 4390 times) previous topic - next topic

OMR software that can recognize at 96 DPI???

is there a scanned music recognition software that can recognize printed music at 96 DPI???

Re: OMR software that can recognize at 96 DPI???

Reply #1
why isn't anyone answering???

Reply #2
I am not answering because I simply don't know.
Ever tried a Google search?

Reply #3
Have you tried Sharpeye ?

Reply #4
There are several programs that will allow you to scan music

One that I have tried comes as part of Sibelius. you can down load a demo of it from their web site. http://www.Sibelius.com. It is quite expensive to buy though

Reply #5
Those two software you were talking about, they all recommend 300 DPI and above. If I import a 96 DPI image file, a lot of notes are missing. PhotoScore can barely detect the staff lines of a 96 DPI image file. SharpEye recognized same file better than PhotoScore.

Reply #6
96 DPI is terrible resolution and I'm surprised that those two programs can recognize anything at all.  I work with images that will go to press and they also recommend 300dpi and above.  That resolution gives enough detail for software (and humans!) to recognize what they are looking at.  Music that is faxed is a pain to read and that's usually at 150dpi.  I can't imagine trying to read music at 96dpi.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #7
it's 96 DPI on the computer screen, with the jagged lines

Reply #8
continued

, not on the paper

Reply #9
Why isn't anyone answering anymore?