Skip to main content
Topic: burning music onto cd (Read 4434 times) previous topic - next topic

burning music onto cd

Can anyone direct me on how to record music from noteworthy software to a format that can be played on a regular cd player?

Any help would be appreciated.

Verl

Re: burning music onto cd

Reply #3
Hmmm, maybe there should be some sort of message displayed after clicking "New Msg"
Maybe something like
Before you post
Please use this search mechanism to look for an answer to your question. Many questions have been asked and answered, and you can get the fastest answer by doing a quick search now, before asking your question

Reply #4
Actually, I believe that something of the sort exists. But a more in-your face approach might be needed.

There must be a short list of questions that are repeatedly asked. This topic is one of them. Maybe the forum post page should have a short list of hyperlinks to "top 10 questions answered," with the specific questions listed? E.g.:

(1) How to I burn my music to CD?
(2) Can I convert my mp3 to a MIDI file?
(3) Where is nwcv17.ttf?
(4) etc.

Reply #5
It would definitely save some clutter.

Reply #6
Not just "something of the sort;"  that's exactly what it says.
I copied and pasted it right to this thread...

Reply #7
yup - the irony was lost. I should have said: It would definitely save some clutter if people would read before they started writing.

Reply #8
... Then again: this text might be changed into
The top 3 questions are:
- How do I burn my .nwc and .mid files onto CD? faq #49
- How can others play back my .nwc files? faq #36
- How do I get started with lyrics? faq #15
You may search the database, check the FAQ section or visit the User tips.

The last line could also have hyperlinks.
Any opinions?
Rob.

Reply #9
I think I'd just leave well enough alone, Rob and Robert.

There's already a comprehensive FAQ on the website, a forum search feature, and excellent user tips, but people are people.  Some will search for answers before posting a question, others think differently.

Adding 10 most frequent FAQ's will only affect those who don't post questions that are already answered in the existing resources; those who post "clutter" won't change their ways.

I don't think I'd worry about making the enhancement; even clutter provides opportunities to share thoughts and ideas in the forum, which keeps it alive.

Reply #10
I believe that reply 8 clarifies what I meant.

Reply #11
www.goldwave.com

This is a handy recorder/editor.  If you will also download the Lame MP3 endoder, you can make mp3's as well.

Open Goldwave, set it up to record.  You may have to experiment to find the correct source ("line", "stereo out", etc) and record level.

Look at the length of the piece you want to record, and open a file in Goldwave just a little longer, 15-20 sec extra.

Then start recording with goldwave, and start the NWC tune playing.

Now it is recorded as a WAV file.

WAV's are the necessary format for making a CD playable on a regular CD player.

Once you have your wav's recorded, use your CD burning software (such as Nero, or what I use, Easy CD Creator), and select the wav's you want to burn to the CD.  Specify that you are creating a music CD, not a data CD.

And take it from there.