Skip to main content
Topic: Version 2.0 Public Preview 1g (Read 4251 times) previous topic - next topic

Version 2.0 Public Preview 1g

To download this update, in NWC2, select the Help menu, then select Check for Web Updates.

Re: Version 2.0 Public Preview 1g

Reply #1
May I ask, what happened to 1f?

Reply #2
The same thing that happened to 1a through 1e, it was superseded by the newest release.

Reply #3
I think what "Arctic Wind" meant (and I'm sure you realise this) is that, except for a couple of references in the newsgroup, 1f has never been mentioned. The last version I got, which was not that long ago, was 1e, and I'm sure there was no 1f last Thursday.
Just as a matter of interest, when did it appear, and what fixes did it add?

Robin

Reply #4
Chill. Robin. More likely than not, NWC had a version 1f prepared but not released, then decided to make another change - so releasing 1g.

Happens with software all the time. For example, IE-Windows went from 5.0 (or 5.1) to 5.5, without intermediates. Netscape never had a 5.

Reply #5
The Last 2 downloads do not install into the program. A message tells me that I am not an authorised user which I am. In fact I had to re-download as the first time i tried to down 1e. I lost the instrument tree. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks  Rik

Reply #6
Robin & Arctic, there was a 1f, but it was very quickly superceded. Several of us are pushing the beta software hard at the moment - as a side-effect of user-tool development - uncovering some glitches that needed work, and asking for some goodies to make the user tools more user friendly. These fixes have all been documented in each new release that gets put up.

1f didn't get a big announcement.
It fixed a bug in user tools and blank staves, and introduced parameter passing
(NWC2 | Help | Command Reference | Tools Menu | User Tool)

(or on the web at
http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/help/MNU_USERTOOLS.htm )

Your remaining question however, is a good one. Effectively:
"Is there a running list (history) of all changes introduced? (so that if something flies by we don't miss it)"
As cooperating members of a beta program, I think this sort of info needs to be easy to find.

Reply #7
Actually, the answer to this question is "The nwc2beta newsgroup", and the only thing was that Noteworthy Online forgot to announce 1f. So no big deal, really.

Reply #8
Yes, it was only through the newsgroup that I heard about 1f - somebody mentioned that they had it - so I thought "better check for updates" - and there was 1g. No big deal - I was just wondering what changes 1f introduced.

Robin

Reply #9
Before 1f could be announced, someone had already posted a high priority bug report in the newsgroup. There was no reason to announce/encourage upgrading to a buggy release.

Reply #10
I saw a mention of 1f right here in the forum.
I'm not involved in the newsgroup.
Yeah, it was a really brief reference, but it was here.