Skip to main content
Topic: Number shortcuts to toggle accidentals (Read 4157 times) previous topic - next topic

Number shortcuts to toggle accidentals

Using the number shortcuts (7 for natural,8 for flat, 9 for sharp) has helped me a lot.  They suddenly stopped working, though.  The number shortcuts for note duration still work, and I know numlock is set.  The numbers 7, 8, and 9 work in other applications, so I know the keyboard works.  Why would they suddenly stop working?

Re: Number shortcuts to toggle accidentals

Reply #1
They shouldn't stop working. Try exiting the program and starting it up again.  If that fails to fix the problem, try rebooting.

Reply #2
Is it only the numeric pad where 7, 8 and 9 do not work (in NWC) or does the numbers-row above QWERTY not work either?

Reply #3
I hadn't actually ever used the number keys for note lengths (relying on + and - instead) so hadn't noticed that the shortest note (1/64th) can't be selected by that method. I'd also assumed that breves (double whole notes)  had not been implemented (in part at least) because there was no number key for them. But that's obviously not the reason - so roll on breves!

Reply #4
The numbers on the numeric pad can usually be toggled on and off by pressing the "Num Lock" key. Check that it is on.

Reply #5
Well, AEK said 'The number shortcuts for note duration still work, and I know numlock is set.'

The question, therefore, remains. Let's wait to hear what AEK  has found so far...

Reply #6
Does AEK have a laptop where the number pad in integrated into the main keyboard and 7 8 9 are shared between the number pad and the main keyboard, so they could behave differently to the other numbers at the top of the keyboard if the number pad were turned on?