Skip to main content
Topic: Printing a score from Plugin (Read 2962 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing a score from Plugin

I use the Noteworthy plugin rather infrequently. About six months to a year ago, I used to be able to get a score displayed and then print it using only the Noteworthy plugin with my Mozilla browser.  I'm running under Window XP Home, by the way.

Currently, I'm using the 1.75a plugin.  I can no longer find an icon to print the score.  Has something changed, or am I being forced to buy the Composer software in order to print a score these days?

Thanks for any help.
Paul.

Re: Printing a score from Plugin

Reply #1
Well, there is no need to have something else.
I'd suggest to install the 1.75b plug-in anyway ;)
or reinstall the 1.75a. There is no reason, AFAIK, not to be able to print with the 1.75a version.
It may be obvious, but did you try to print anything else with notepad, for example? Maybe the plug-in doesn't show the printer icon when no printer is available, but I don't think so.

HTH!

Reply #2
I looked at the Support page of the Noteworthy site, and clicked on one of the test samples (Jingle Bells).  The score was displayed, and a printer icon was among the other icons.  I printed the score for Jingle Bells successfully.

However, when I go to www.cyberhymnal.org website and select a hymn, then click on Score, the musical notation comes up on the screen, but there is no icon for the printer!  I tried three other hymns, but cannot print them either.

Does this mean there is a problem with Cyberhymnal or Noteworthy?  Got any ideas?

Paul.

Reply #3
The plug-in print function has not changed.

You also have the option of using the NWC Viewer.

Reply #4
I too cannot always print.  I can print from Composer, but the browser plug-in just takes a Print command and ignores it.  This is on Windows Me 4.90.3000 on an Intel Celeron.  Browser is Netscape 7.02.  Other applications can print.

I put the Viewer on another computer (also Win Me).  It does not offer print on the File menu or from an icon.  Another application, WordPad, prints just fine.

What to look for?  What to check?

Reply #5
Make sure you install the new version 2.x "viewer", not the version 1.x "player".  As I recall, player did not permit printing; however, the new version 2 viewer does permit printing.  You can get the viewer here:

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm

Hope this helps.

John