Skip to main content
Topic: user tools : potential and limits (Read 2359 times) previous topic - next topic

user tools : potential and limits

I feel that NWC2 user tools are very powerful, but I have difficulties to start with them !

A member of my choir is presently writing a translate software in php, from the output of music OCR sharpeye2 in MusicXML, to extract notation clip for NWC2 in a text file, and lyrics in another file. Sharpeye does a good job, and the program of my colleague too (but still in debug mode). I think he will give it to the community, when it will be debugged.
NWC2 Notation clips are put in sequence for all the staves in the text file, with their ! delimiters. The same for lyrics, with delimiters to be defined.. (you can have from zero to several lyrics lines per staff).
It is an hassle to do all this  conversion work by hand.
I am thinking about a php (I am very weak on this language...)script which would get automatically the data and lyrics from the produced text files, and which would copy them automatically in the different skeleton staves of an NWC2 empty score.
In other words, can we generate NWC2 commands from a user tool program ?
Maybe a simple example would put me on the road...

Thanks by advance,
Alain Falcoz, from French Riviera

Re: user tools : potential and limits

Reply #1
Sorry, I wanted to put the previous contribution in the NWC2 forum, not in the NWC forum.
Eric, maybe you cant correct that ?
Thanks
Alain