Skip to main content
Topic: notating double bounces (Read 2431 times) previous topic - next topic

notating double bounces

hi is there a way to add roll marks, like - except on a slant.  thanks for ur help

Re: notating double bounces

Reply #1
I don't know exactly what kind of a symbol you are looking for, but many musical symbol fonts contain a diverse selection of symbols. There are many fonts in the NWC Scriptorium.

You will have to insert the symbol as a text expression, in a correctly configured User formatting.

Then, create the desired effect as bare notes on a hidden staff.

Reply #2
Check out a piece which I posted on the Scriptorium called "Black Bear." at http://nwc-scriptorium.org/ftp/rock/bbear.nwc) It is a fife and drum piece which contains rolls, flams, ruffs (a.k.a half drags, or 3-stroke rolls). It uses a hidden staff to play the drumming, and a visible staff to show it. The "info" in the piece gives more details. It does require the "slurs" font, downloadable from the scriptorium, to properly show some of the standard drumming notation. It also uses the Boxmark font to show the / on the note stem to indicate rolls.

Reply #3
hmm the search cant find the "slurs" font you were talking about.  are you sure thats its actual name?

Reply #4
The name is NWslur, on the Scriptorium. It's documented in the "Authoring Information" in the song. Click the box with the "i" on the toolbar.